Bella @ Bendel's!


Fifth avenue rocks!
I am not really an uptown girl, but I sure loved playing the part for a week when we launched our first full-line Bella Cucina store at Henri Bendel's in NYC.
When the doors open at HB, its like a perpetual party. Music blaring, perfume spritzing, luscious clothes being tossed into bags like they just came off the sale rack {trust me, they didn't}. Laura Mercier and her staff of thousands stood ready at the door to make faces beautiful {pink champagne lipstick was my pick}. Federic Fekkai was making magic on the fourth floor.
And so, when Henri Bendels invited Bella Cucina to have a store in their Fifth Avenue windows for a week, needless to say we were more than ecstatic. I mean, this iconic store has been around for decades. It still changes the windows weekly. Can you imagine? It's part art, part party, part glam fest.

And Bella Cucina got to be front and center on Fifth avenue baking Pane Rustico Italian flatbread!!
People were peering through the window wondering what the heck food was doing in Bendels. They were intrigued and taken by surprise. Best of all, they were hungry! and willing to try all that we had to offer. They loved it and so did we. Bendel's is the only place in NYC that now carries our entire line of products- from antipasti appetizers to dolci desserts and everything in between.

I thought I would be exhausted after seven days of 10 hours on my feet, but instead I was enthused and energized. How could I not be? So glad to be able to see how food can change the day and feed the people. That makes me happy.

I am looking forward to returning a week Saturday for my second printing book signing of La Bella Vita. We will be pouring prosecco tasting our artisan made antipasti appetizers at Bendels on March 31st from 4-8 pm. Come visit and enjoy.
Get your glam on and come join the party!



Bella Cucina


Buon appetito!
copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an assortment and culinary experience!!! I was in Henri Bendel's this weekend and made the most deicious meal from the Bella Cucina table sampling. The products are absolutely delicious and will inspire you to book a flight to Tuscany tomorrow.
NM-NYC