Let the Season POP!


I adore giving and receiving food gifts throughout the holiday season. But even more so, I think there is something so special about making homemade presents. Every year, come mid-December I sort through piles of recipes I’ve collected throughout the year from various blogs I read or food magazines I subscribe to, and without fail, I most often end up in the same place as the year prior.

It’s a recipe I always return to which is embarrassingly simple--rosemary walnuts. There’s just something about the smell of roasted nuts in the holiday house for me. It’s comforting, yet nourishing all in one bite and makes me think cozy thoughts. The rosemary is a great compliment to the season, earthy and a bit piney in taste against the rich and savory walnuts.

Rosemary walnuts make the perfect treat for extended family, stocking stuffers, hostess gifts, or even arranged in individual bags, piled as a takeaway from a fantastic holiday party you’ve hosted.

This year, I’m increasing the goodness ante with Bella Cucina’s rosemary & lavender aromatic savory salt blend. This year and always, let the richness of the season pop with the gift of good food, friends and family.

ROSEMARY + LAVENDER WALNUTS

Preheat oven to 350°

3 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
3-4 teaspoon Bella Cucina lavender & rosemary savory salt
freshly cracked black pepper to taste
2 pounds walnuts



Melt butter slowly on stovetop. Add rosemary and lavender salt and pepper to butter. Continue to stir until salt dissolves into the melted butter. Pour melted butter and salt mixture onto walnuts, coating evenly. Spread walnuts onto tin foil covered cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes (or until they are roasted to your liking).



Buon appetito!

Grazie goes out to Dana Seith for this lovely guest post.


About danapop
Dana Hazels Seith is an award-winning journalist, founder & editor-in-chief of danapop, a website devoted to the mashup of culture, food & drink, life and travel.

Buon appetito!
copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

No comments: