Still cooking shallots.....



I am down to my last handfull of shallots and wondered what I could possibly do with the rest. The oven was already fired up, and I love just about anything roasted, so I thought, toss 'em in! It brought to mind the idea of roasted whole garlic bulbs. I love roasted garlic in the oven. The cloves get creamy and soft inside their shells and turn into a paste-like consistency. I add the paste to sauces , dressings or, my favorite, simply spread onto a slice of toasted crostini.



To my delightful surprise, the roasted shallots were much the same. Sweet, tender and creamy. The skins are a little thicker, so it is a bit more difficult to spread as it is, so you just have to toss into the food processor for a few pulses with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and pinch of savory salt, and you have a delicious spread.

Now, if I only thought of pairing the roasted garlic AND the roasted shallots.....that would be heaven!

Buon appetito!
copyright 2008 Alisa Barry

No comments: