Summer Sipping


Bottled bubbly is considered a pantry staple in my house. I always have a bottled of chilled Prosecco in my refrigerator ready to pop for a drop in guest, entertaining for friends or a decadent lazy Sunday treat with breakfast. I am partial to prosecco, but when I was in New York recently for the Fancy Food show, I found a delicious treasure at the Union Square Farmer's Market {www.unionsquarejournal.com/greenmarket.htm}. It was cold and bubbly, and a surprising find amongst the goat cheese and lettuce and heirloom tomatoes. It was also refreshing and delicious.
"Eve's Cidery is a small orchard and cidery nestled in the hills of the Finger Lakes region of New York State where mineral rich glacial soils, intense summers and crisp autumn nights combine to produce exceptionally flavored fruit. Their premium ciders are fermented from traditional cider apple varieties of English, French and American origin. " {quote from their website: www.evescidery.com}

Unfortunately, they cannot sell out of state, otherwise I would have ordered a case on the spot! If you are lucky enough to live in Manhattan, you probably know about this find already from tasting it at some of NY's finest restaurants. If you don't, check out the website and order some soon!
As for me, I will be lugging some home in my suitcase.......

Buon Appetito!
Alisa Barry copyright 2007

No comments: