Grazie + Gratitude

As the year comes to a close, I'm taking time out for a bit of rest and relaxation, quiet and contemplation, gratitude + thanks.

Giving thanks for abundance is sweeter than the abundance itself.
- rumi

It has been an amazing year in so many ways.
It's also been a challenging year- for me, for many.
In spite of all and because of it all, I feel ever so grateful.
Alchemy works its magic in many strange ways.

So many lessons learned this year.

I've traveled less, and discovered more.
I've surrendered gracefully and fought with fierce grace.
I've learned that passion, purpose + perseverance do pay off.

I've learned adversity is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
It's about living with a spirit of adventure and knowing that our circumstances do not define who we are.

I've been inspired by the beauty, brilliance and generosity of others.
It has left me speechless in awe and appreciation.

I've been surrounded by art and artists who create a bewilderment of beauty. The spirit always prevails.

There's been reorganizing and reigniting.
I've seen people leave and lose jobs, and then unexpectedly find their soul.
It's about knowing that finding our true calling trumps keeping a career.

I've connected with so many passionate people, both new and refound after many years lost, through my writing. Thank you for supporting what feeds my soul. What greater gift is there than to live your passionate purpose?

I am blessed to be able to afford an abundance of good food, and pray that all may be able to have that good fortune in their lifetime.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for an amazing year.
You have given me so many reasons to celebrate and give thanks.

I wish all of you the very best of life's blessings in the coming year.
May your New Year be filled with great things and big dreams.

with love + thanks,
alisa



Buon appetito!
copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

3 comments:

alamobecky said...

I'm so glad I recently discovered your blogs -- what a lovely Christmas present!

annette joseph said...

Well said, not only for you but for many...happy new year and may 2010 bring you all that you dream of.

sharon said...

happy new year! cheers!