Italian poppies in bloom



today, it's not about food. I thought you would enjoy a bit of beauty to brighten up your day.

one of the things i love most about traveling to Italy in May is the brilliant red poppies in bloom. endless fields of crimson create an unbelievable still life in motion. an awe inspiring sight that will leave you breathless.
this year, I didn't make it to the promised land for my May retreat, but I did get to experience the same beautiful bounty of poppies...right in my own backyard. collected seeds from our many annual visits to Italy tossed into the wind and onto the dirt of a falling wall of concrete.

ecco i fiori bellissimi.....





Buon appetito!
copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

1 comment:

BeaK. said...

I have beautiful red poppies planted in my bog...will share as soon as they bloom.

Yours are beautiful !

Bea Kunz